Are You More Than Just Friends? Is It An Emotional Affair?Eye Spy Blog 1
Platonic friendships and workplace relationships often turn into more than just an innocent friendship; it can very easily turn into an emotional affair. It can be very easy for parties to cross boundaries of emotional intimacy, sharing intimate details that should be exclusively reserved for a conversation with their husband or wife. When these emotional boundaries are overstepped, the partner has taken the first step into the zone of emotional infidelity. Emotional infidelity can be just as detrimental as a physical affair.
Call Eye Spy to bust up the affair 888-393-7799
Is It An Emotional Affair?
1. Do you confide more to your friend than to your partner about how your day went?
2. Do you talk about negative feelings or intimate details about your marriage with your friend but don’t discuss them with your partner?
3. Are you completely honest with your partner about the extent of your involvement with your friend?
4. Would you feel comfortable if your partner heard a conversation with your friend?
5. Would you feel comfortable if your partner saw a videotape of your meetings?
6. Is there any sexual tension in your friendship?
7. Do you and your friend touch and act differently when you’re alone versus being with others?
8. Are you in love with your friend?
Now, add up your score, based on the points for each answer:
1. Yes= 1, No= 0
2. Yes= 1, No= 0
3. Yes= 0, No= 1
4. Yes= 0, No= 1
5. Yes= 0, No= 1
6. Yes= 1, No= 0
7. Yes= 1, No= 0
8. Yes= 1, No= 0
Point System for Results:
A. This is just a friendship. (A= 0-2 points)
B. You may be more than “just friends.” (B= 3-6 points)
C. This is definitely an emotional affair. (C= 7-8 points)