Dating Trends of 2017Eye Spy Blog 2
The dating game has drastically changed in recent years. How we meet people and look at dating has changed. Overall in the big scheme of things is very different than even ten years ago. Dating trends have changed drastically. As we approach the new year, we reflect on 2017. Let’s look back at some more of the most popular dating trends and slang we have encountered here at Eye Spy Investigations in 2017.
Most Popular Dating Trends A-F
- Benching- This describes a situation in the dating world. Where someone is not that interested in the person they are dating. But does not want to see that person with someone else so they string them along. They do this just enough to keep them around.
- Breadcrumbing- People use this technique when they are not really interested in a person but don’t want to bother with the hassle of breaking things off, so they string a person along with some what flirtatious messages from time to time.
- Cuffing Season- This refers to the period from Autumn through Winter that people find a friends with benefits situation until spring comes.
- Firedooring- This trend is like a one way fire door. When does It happen? When someone will contact you on rare occasion but if you attempt to get in touch with them you won’t get a response.
Most Popular Dating Trends G-R
- Kittenfishing- Similar to Catfishing, this is when a person crosses the line on dating sites. There will be a small truth to what they are saying, for example a person will heavily photoshop a picture of them self, use pictures of themselves from over ten years ago or exaggerate their occupation, for instance saying they are an attorney when it may just be their first year of law school.
- Roaching- This occurs when you think you are in a monogamous relationship with someone and find out they have actually been dating around and instead of owning it, this person will claim they assumed the relationship was not exclusive to avoid an argument.
Most Popular Dating Trends S-Z
- Sapiosexual- This in particular on dating sites, refers to a person who is much more attracted to a person’s personality and mind over physical appearance.
- Stashing- This refers to a person who completely hides a relationship from others in their life. It particularly refers to hiding them from social media profiles from their friends and family.
- Submarining- This refers to an ex that vanishes for a lengthy period of time. Rather than addressing their disappearance, they pretend nothing has happened.
- Turkey Dump- This is used among college students who are in long distance relationships with high school sweethearts. It refers to a breakup that happens after Thanksgiving break. When one person feels like its not worth the hassle to keep a relationship going.
These are just a few of the crazy dating trends we have seen become more and more popular over the last year at Eye Spy Investigations. We can all find the humor in some of these but if you are falling victim to one or more of these, things may not seem so funny anymore. Nobody deserves to be taken advantage of this way. Do you have a feeling your partner is not quite who they seem to be? Don’t hesitate to contact our skilled private investigators at Eye Spy Investigations. With over 25 years of experience we pride ourselves on providing our state of the art services to you with the utmost of confidentiality and in an expeditious manner to provide the proof you need.
Call us today at (888) 393-7799.
To learn more about our company and see what we can do for you please check out our website: www.EyeSpyInvestigations.com
THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CAN’T HIDE FROM EYE SPY.