Have you been hearing the term “GASLIGHTING” being thrown around constantly? So, what is Gaslighting? Well, Merriam-Webster Dictionary chose it as its word of the year. It’s defined as “to psychologically manipulate (a person) usually over an extended period of time so that the victim questions the validity of their own thoughts, perception of reality, or memories and experiences confusion, loss of confidence and self-esteem, and doubts concerning their own emotional or mental stability.”
Is your partner gaslighting you? How can you know for sure?
What Is Gaslighting
Are they deliberately trying to drive you mad by altering your environment? The pusher will alter your surroundings and then deny it. Thus, by denying your perception of reality. This is done to cause confusion and paranoia.
You may notice these things:
- Your things are moved
- Noises are being transmitted into your room when no one else is around.
- As a result, you start acting differently than you normally do. Therefore, when they confront you about it, you have no idea what they’re talking about. Then they wills tart to question your sanity and mental health. Some victims are convinced that they’re hearing voices, seeing dead people or even hallucinating. You can become so convinced that they’re going insane that you actually go insane.
Here are some examples:
- Questioning your memory of events
- Belittling you
- Saying you’re crazy and that other people agree
- Deflecting responsibility for things and blaming you instead
- Justifying their intentions as loving
- Making you feel guilty for your emotions
Eye Spy Can Help
Do you think that you are being Gaslighted? The Michigan Infidelity Private Investigators at Eye Spy Detective Agency can help! Call the Michigan Private Investigators at Eye Spy Detective Agency today at 888-393-7799. All cases are 100% Confidential!