Shocking Facts About CheatingEye Spy Blog 1
Here are some shocking facts about cheating and infidelity. While cheating is considered taboo, it’s quite a common occurrence.
It’s a lot of couples’ worst nightmare: Someone succumbs to temptation and strays. Can you spot a husband prone to infidelity? If he’s unhappy with his wife, he’ll cheat, right? Not necessarily. Maybe it’s an emotional affair — they fall in love with a coworker — or maybe it’s a sexual affair — a one-night stand after a few drinks.
Shocking Facts About Cheating
Cheating is rarely as straightforward as you would hope. Keep reading to learn surprising things about infidelity, that you probably didn’t know.
- In half of the patients admitted to the hospital for fractured penises, they occurred during an affair.
- “Sudden coital death” is more common when a man is having an affair. Extramarital sex may stress out the heart also because the lover is often younger than the primary partner, and sex often follows excessive drinking or eating.
- Infidelity is not the #1 cause of divorce. While an affair can destroy a marriage, the main reason for divorce is money.
- More than 60% of affairs start at work.
- Adultery is illegal in 23 states, though it is rarely ever enforced. The punishment ranges from a $10 fine to life imprisonment.
- A man is five times more likely to cheat if he earns less than his wife or girlfriend.
- Single men who seek to have affairs with married women are sometimes called “MISTEResses.
- Only 12% of men surveyed reported that their mistress was more physically attractive than their spouse. Over 88% felt their wives were as physically attractive as the mistress or more so.
- 66% of Americans believe that people cheat on their spouses at work conferences and trade shows.
- No matter what people say, if a partner is unfaithful, it is not the other spouse’s fault, no matter how terrible the spouse or the marriage may be. When a person cheats, he or she is making a conscious choice to do it.
- The top five Las Vegas hotels for cheaters are 1) The Wynn, 2) Palms, 3) MGM Grand, 4) Caesar’s Palace, and 5) The Bellagio.
- Men who cheat have a higher incidence of fathers who cheated than do faithful men.
- Women fear that men with deeper voices are more likely to cheat on them. Men think women with higher-pitched voices will cheat on them.
- President John Kennedy once remarked, “If I don’t have sex every day, I get a headache.” Some of his more famous mistresses included Marlene Dietrich; Mimi Alford, a White House intern; Marilyn Monroe; Judith Campbell Exner (Mafia moll); Angie Dickinson; Ellen Rometsch (a German prostitute); Blaze Starr (a stripper); Mary Pinochet Meyer (a socialite); Pamela Turnure (his wife’s press secretary); Gunilla Von Post (a Swedish socialite); Gene Tierney; and “Fiddle and Faddle” (White House secretaries).
- Most female cheaters use their smart phone for their affairs. The iPhone is their device of choice. Nearly 64% of women said they would log on when they are in the same room as their spouses.
- Young people classify online flirting as cheating. For the older generations, the online world is fraught with contradictions and complexity. Is flirting online cheating? We may not be sure, but according to a poll, young people are. Eighty-eight percent of young women and 77 percent of young men say it’s cheating just to flirt online, never mind stuff like sexting and porn use.
- Cheating may be in your genes. It sounds like the perfect excuse, doesn’t it? Of course it’s not that simple. Most things involving our genes are complicated. Research has shown that having a cheating parent can make you more likely to cheat on a partner, which may have pointed in the direction of genetics as a culprit. Now we have the hard facts. There is a gene called DRD4, which is related to dopamine receptors in the brain. Dopamine is our pleasure chemical, so you can see the connection. A study that surveyed 181 young people about sex found that those with a certain variant of the DRD4 gene were more likely to have one-night stands and to cheat.
- The term “Cheating” is mostly used by Americans. All over the World there are different terms for infidelity, most of which are a lot more appealing than our “cheating”. In parts of Nigeria, the term “sexual networking” is preferred, while the French keep it self-explanatory with “simultaneous multi-partnerships”.
Call the Detroit Michigan Private Investigators at Eye Spy Detective Agency today at 888-393-7799, or visit us at www.EyeSpyInvestigations.com